The Lake HouseWelcome to The Lake House – a modern designer holiday home with breathtaking views over Lake Macquarie at Gwandalan.
The moment you step through the front door you are drawn to the sweeping lakefront vistas with the living area opening onto a fully-covered decking.
A glass panelled balcony with BBQ allows for uninterrupted views – with child-proof locks to keep the toddlers in!
Everything you need is here! We have a large flat-screen TV, DVD player, iPod-docking station, designer kitchen and laundry.
The beds are made hotel-style with quality linen.
We have fishing rods, surf-skis, kayaks and life-vests.
Water-skiers, sailors and fishermen alike will love the Lake - there is room to park a boat + the boat ramp is 150m away.
The kids will delight in jumping off the nearby jetty and playing in the cordoned off lakeside swimming area. There is a children’s playground, too.
If the weather’s cool, curl up in front of the jet-master fireplace with a book or DVD from our collection or use one of the many board-games we have on offer.
The Lake House has a luxury feel with modern appliances and spotted gum floorboards, carpeted bedrooms, leather lounge suite and fully ducted air conditioning.
Parents and kids can relax by playing cricket or kicking the footy on the expansive lakeside lawn.
The water is ankle deep for at least 10m so it's safe even for toddlers to splash around while you watch them from the lawn.
Macquarie Lake house is just a 10 minute drive to the historic white sandy surfing beach of Catherine Hill Bay and from Frazer National Park. It's a quick drive into the Ocean side fish markets at Swansea - or head the other direction for a day-trip to the wineries in the Hunter Valley.
- The house sleeps nine people. (Max 6 adults)
- Master bedroom: King bed + ensuite
- 2nd Bedroom: Queen bed + fold out double sofa bed.
- 3rd Bedroom: a double bunk + single bed (3 beds)
- 3 toilets/2 showers
- 3 bedrooms - Bedroom 1 with 1 queen bed, Bedroom 2 with 1 double and separate double fold out sofa and Bedroom 3 with 3 single bunk beds.
- 3 TVs – big screen in lounge room and wall mounted TVs in Bedroom 1 and Bedroom 2
- Gas BBQ on covered balcony
- 2 surf skis
- 2.5 seater kayak
- 1 junior kayak (up to 8 years)
- 1 beginner kayak (up to 80 kilos)
- DVD collection, library and board games
- Ducted air-conditioning and heating throughout along with ceiling fans in all bedrooms
- A washing machine and dryer mean all those towels and swimsuits can be easily refreshed for the next day.
- High chair
- Bath tub
We happen to think our local butcher is Australia's best. The bakery (also a short walk) makes delicious bread and pies. Just across the road the fabulous cafe owners make a mean steak sandwich and beautiful coffee!
The local "Bowlo" has a great family menu. It's a 5-10 minute walk or they provide a courtesy bus to our doorstep.
There's also a local supermarket. (and a Woolies only 10 mins away if you prefer)